We come in peace (Updated)

After a day's hard work, I now have full scrolling background. As you see in the picture below, there is the far off city at the back, which moves the slowest, then the line of trees and finally the buildings, which of course move the fastest.

All the motion of the background and the spaceship has been coded and the fun part regarding the abductions and movement of different species comes now. This is the game logic that we are talking about and it will require some really good code to be put down. I am also going to try and add crowd behavior to the population, let us see if that is successful.

By the way, I am not totally happy with how everything looks in the screenshot. If some one can lend a hand in making them appear more lively, I'll be more than happy to accept the help.

Here is the screenshot:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow, for a day's work, this looks great! The UFO and the sky could use a little bit of ambient lighting, but otherwise, I like it! What're you making this on? I'm making a couple of games on J2ME, but so far, they're simple and I'm stuck on getting Bluetooth up and running. :D

Unknown said...

Feel free to send over the PSD's any time and I'll take a crack at it. Can't promise you anything though. You've already done a pretty good job and in a couple more days, I'm sure it'd look fantastic! :D

Unknown said...

Btw, there's actually a place called Espoo and you live there?!

Anonymous said...

great job buddy:)