Tampere Visit

I am right now in Tampere as I wanted to get a few things done. First of all, getting my degree and transcripts, and secondly to get my printed thesis. I have already acquired my printed thesis and it looks great! For some reason, my degree is not ready yet, even though I had informed before hand to get it ready. There might have been some confusion regarding it, which, I am going to clarify in about 30 mins. Then, I need to go to my bank and discuss about the possibility of keeping my bank account even if I am abroad. then, I will head home and try to change my ticket for the way home.

I have an interview tomorrow for a research position in Espoo. Espoo is a city right next to Helsinki... it take about 20 minutes of bus ride to reach Helsinki. Apart from that, there is a good Pakistani student community over there which is a good thing if I plan to stay here longer. Lets hope that I am able to bag the that position as that will solve many of my problems, which also includes getting a visa and the inconvenience related to going back to Pakistan.

by the way, Zakariya is also coming to helsinki in September, thus it will be great if I get to stay here during that time. Zac was one of the TAs who worked with me during my GIKI days and we had a good time there. Let us hope that I get lucky in getting that research position which is also one of the things that I want. That's all for now!

No comments: