Gears of War

I finally finished Gears of War on xbox 360

I must say that it was really enjoyable and i had fun all the way. a few things that really bothered me were getting stuck to the walls when you are trying to run and the AI of my team mates was horrible. I played most of it as Coop and i must say that whoever buys this game, should play it as coop. this is not fun as a single player game... well it's fun but not as much as coop.

great graphics, great gameplay, few annoying glitches but the whole experience is so enjoyable that they do not matter.
The story sucked with no heads or tails. Cutscenes were done amazingly well but they were predictable. The voice acting was done well and i liked the alien voices too.

The enemy variety was not that much but the enemy AI was quite good. I played it on hardcore difficulty so sometimes you get to try a lot of times to pass a stage. That is my recommended difficulty to play. I am going to try it with insane difficulty next, so lets hope that its not too difficult.

The camera angles are sometimes annoying when you are trying to throw a grenade or sprinting. You do not get to see where the grenade might end up or where you are running to; even though the grenade shows its trajectory.

weapon variety is really small:

pistol/revolver almost useless
machinegun which fires small bursts (you rarely use it)
machinegun which fires long bursts and has chainsaw
shotgun
explosive bow (very limited ammo)
rocketlauncher (very very limited ammo)
grenades
sniper rifle
hammer of dawn (used in scripted places only)

with that said, i always enjoy games with ballistic weapons rather than energy weapons, so it was really fun to use the guns over and over again. I loved the chainsaw... if only it would work all the time. The reloading technique is fun too.

I played it on multiplayer and its a lot of fun there. People use good tactics and the action is fast and frenetic

Its a must buy and if you do not play it online, you are missing 60% of the fun of and the picture above is in-game.... so is the video below... I like the song.

No comments: