I met House M.D ... almost

I had informed you guys that I had been having problems with my left eye, which included watching 2 images with it and having a growth on the top eyelid. This called for action and that meant going to a doctor for checkup. This is a big thing because it takes about a month to get an appointment time and if you are unable to reach the place, you are charged for not canceling the appointment. That is what happened with my last appointment and with a month of delay I finally was able to get my checkup.

The doctor in this case was not your everyday sweet and well mannered doctor. He was one rude asshole and only if I had not seen House M.D. I would have been really pissed rather than enjoy the way he treated me.

When I came in he asked me what was wrong and when he saw my eye he said, "Oh! that is apparent." I then added that it was not the only thing that is wrong with it, to which he added, "I do not have time for anything else, sorry about that." Hearing this, I got amused and then I explained to him anyway that I was seeing two images with my left eye to which he got a bit interested ... like House and then properly examined my eye.

While he was switching lenses to make me see better, he asked if I can see better. The thing with watching two images is that, even if you have the correct number on the lens, since the images merge together, you cannot really say, so I said that, its clearer but I still see two images. To that he said, "I didn't ask if I could see two images or not, just asked if I could see better." Very
charming fellow don't you think?

Anyway, the verdict as given by him was that, the growth needs to be taken out before anything else is done and the two image problem can be solved easily with proper lenses as I have astigmatism and refraction problems. So I guess I am going to recover some time soon and I hope that I get the operation done before I go to Pakistan.

No comments: