CD Key doesn't come out with a straight finger

Guildwars is one of the most popular MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) available, second only to World of Warcraft. Those who think that it is just another MMORPG, should consider the fact that it has more than 3 million players world wide. The best thing about this game is that, you buy it just once and play it forever, there is no online playing fee unlike World of Warcraft. I have tried WoW too, but it fails to grasp my interest. Guildwars is better looking and has better quests, which keeps it interesting. You can have two specialties for your characters and even play it alone, if you do not have friends online.

Anyway, me and Kashif Bhatti (aka KB, aka Fryingpan aka Robot aka some other names which are not too ethical) wanted to try it online and we were in luck. My Guildwars copy came in with a trial key which I gave to him to try. But then we ran out of luck because the key was not working.

Thus, I contacted the support and asked why the key is not working and asked for an alternate key. They asked for a receipt of purchase, which I had misplaced (unfortunately a whole bag of receipts that I wanted to bring with me to my new place, but I think I threw out without knowing. I told them that I had misplaced it so as a proof, they asked me to send them the digital images of the copy, which I did. then the response came and it read:

Dear Umair,

Thank you for all the images provided.

However, in order to assist you further we need to send also a scan or gigital picture of the receipt of purchase of the game.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards
The Guild Wars Support Team


This really infuriated me, so I wrote this response:

"I have lost the receipt for the purchase, but i will try my best to provide the information as I remember it."

we have a history in this mail to read what the other guy wrote. That was the whole reason that i sent the digital images over as proof of purchase. I have given the trial key, I have given my own key which can be correlated with my account to know that my copy is genuine and it has not been duplicated.

On top of that, all I am asking here is a trial key, which lasts 10 hours or 14 days, its a key that will expire.. a small privelidge for those who bought this game. Now if you just think about it a bit, I need the key for a friend, who wants to try the game to see if its worth BUYING it, which in turn will benefit no other than your company and might even influence both me and him to BUY other expansions and guild wars 2 in the long run.

other publishers are giving trial keys for free while all I am asking here is that, i bought the game and lost the receipt which can happen in many ways, let me state some to explain how:

1. I had secret code written on it, so i ate it before my enemies got to it
2. my dog ate it
3. i burned it
4. i threw it with the bag i brought guild wars in
5. it was taken from me at gun point
6. i used it as toilet paper
7. somebody gifted me the game with my own money and since it was a gift, he didnt give me the receipt
8. i just like to keep it out of sight

Now if the high and mighty game company can't even give a trial key to a buyer who has been having problems in using the key which came with the package, a problem which he should not have in the first place, then I believe this is the most awful support for any game that I have come across. I need the trial key, if you can give it, then ok, if not, then thank you for wasting my time.

Umair

Today I got their response and it was this:

Dear Umair,


Thanks for your reply.

Please find your Guild Wars Prophecies trial code: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

You can therefore give this code to your friend you will be able to create his Guild Wars account by following these steps:

- Open the game client
- Click on 'Create Account or Add Access Key'
- Select “Create a new Guild Wars Account”
- Enter your 25-digit Guild Wars access key
- Enter a valid email address (which will be your account name)
- Choose a password

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind regards
The Guild Wars Support Team


I removed the key on purpose so that some of you free loaders might not copy it.

So now both me and KB intend to play it online and try it together. If KB likes it, he will buy it. Anyone else interested in playing it online?

4 comments:

Sameer Durrani said...

that was funny! the email that you sent!!

reminds me of your email response to Asim Ghaffar's query when he was surprised to see dead birds lying around home one fine morning..

Unknown said...

Oh me me me! I wanna play! :D

I-T said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people always manufacture comments when anything is predicted to take place in 2012, like “fairly that is if the world is hush here.” You do achieve that the Mayans prognosticate the faction will finish on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all distinct possibility if anything is accepted to happen in 2012 there is only the slimmest feasibility that the everybody will take ended before it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]new world 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012