Let us all welcome Wajiha

If you guys have not noticed yet, there are now two persons who are managing this blog. One is yours truly and the other one is Wajiha (The description about us is given to the right). I should thank Wajiha for taking her time out and making my blog look much better than before... Even Katta who is critical about everything that I do liked the look of it, so I guess the Wajiha magic has started. So who is Wajiha? A batch 12 gikian who made one of the best looking calculators in C++ (Yes, I was very surprised the first time I took a look at it, as it didn't look like an effort done by a beginner.) Her employment in P&G is yet another proof about the capabilities that she possesses and we will see more about it in the days to follow.

Another incident that I also recall is that, I was asked so many times the same questions over and over again that I got pissed and put up a note on my cabin's wall (facing outside which said).

I do not have any markers
I do not have a stapler
I do not know where Usman Muneer is

So she walked in and took it started to take it off and when I asked what she was doing, she said "its too rude and doesn't suite you, so I am taking it off" and she took it off.

Anyway, I am glad that my blog is getting a decent look finally which also got me to kill my other blog at Vox. May that blog rest in peace. Oh, btw, she prefers the nick "jay" so you can spot the link to the right that points to her blog.

7 comments:

Sameer Durrani said...

bods. i have subscribed to your blog through the RSS feeds and so i hardly ever visit your blog site :D.. but it really looks kool.

And a warm welcome to Jay!!!

waisay I strongly differ with Jay on the note about Usman Munir and staplers in the CS lab.. I think that was really kool. I had a very good laugh when I read it the first time.

jay said...

oh man! i don't remember that AT ALL! you sure' you're not making it up? :P

and by the last year i had a big 'RTFM' notice up on my room door cuz i had too many ppl, knocking too many times, at ALL (and I literally do mean ALL) times of the day asking me to fix their PCs. Needless to say ppl ran away with it, I guess the found the F offending ... hehe

jay said...

so i guess i'm sorry for taking that notice off. Call it a freshie's naivete

jay said...

oh and i spent the entire one week eid break sitting in front of the pc making that calculator! :P my mom get sick and tired of its incessant beeping. and at the end it was not centered and i was too tired to change the coordinates of all the boxy thingys so i just added text at one end to balance it off :) now you know why that 'abacus-X' was there! :P

Umair Azfar Khan said...

No, I am not making it up jay, and going by the way that you are you should not be surprised that you did that. Well, at least you know the pain I was going through when everyone came up and asked me, "Is usman muneer in his cabin?" Come on man! get some brains, just walk over there and see for yourself!

Hehe, yes, you are not the only one who made such tricks to get things done. My friend raza made a chaapa of one of my programming assignments, where we were required to create a shooting game. he could not get the ship to fire on one key press, so in the documentation, he wrote that, the ship loads the missile on the first button press and fires it on the next :)

but you have to agree that the amount of learning you do in that one project, takes you a long way forward as it builds confidence and your hesitation with any sort of programming just goes away. Its just sad that I was able to achieve that in my OOP course not earlier, thats why I stressed on making you guys create those enormous projects in your first year.

Sameer Durrani said...

lol at the ship that loads missile on the first button.. couldnt stop laughing for a while.. :D

jay said...

You STILL sound like an underslept TA! 0_O ... and thanks Sameer!