There and back again

This weekend was passed in the good old Tampere. Whenever I visit Tampere, I have that homely feeling over there. Me and Jon had initially planned to play paint ball, but since it was raining, we had to settle for cart racing. Its like formula one racing on a very small scale and trust me, its not easy. The steering wheel is very tight and by the time i finished 10 laps, my hands were aching. Apart from that, you get to experience all those G-forces due to the extreme bends and by the time you finish, you can feel some strange stretching in your back.
Afterwards, we went bowling in which i performed poorly. My hands were aching and some how i could never get the right ball for me. Later that night, Jon took me to a very nice Chinese restaurant, where I had a fried salmon steak. That was the first time that I really enjoyed food here in Finland, and unfortunately, it was not Finnish food (sorry Finnish people)

Then today I met up with Shahzad, Tayyab and Haroon, took my jacket and student card from Shahzad and headed to Helsinki via train. A drunk guy sat right next to me and went to sleep. When the ticket checking guy came, he woke the guy up for ticket and the drunkard started to have a fight with him. The end result was, the train had to be stopped and the drunkard thrown out. Its just sad to see that in such a civilised country, they still have this drinking problem. This is one of the banes for this society and I do hope that they realise that the problems with alcohol are far more than the benefits.

Anyway, I arrived home and then, as always, had to wait for prayers to be over and right now am planning to sleep. I do hope that i get up for sehri, which seems unlikely now as it is almost 11 pm here. No pictures this time folks, as I forgot to take the camera with me :(

No comments: