Wonderbase, Sweden


The good thing about being abroad is that, it is really easy to travel from country to country if you feel like doing. Kashif Bhatti had been inviting me to Gothenburg, Sweden for about one year now. Previously, I never could find a good enough reason to travel, but with wonderbase, it was easy to get me attracted and i ended up being in Sweden this weekend (31-08-2007)


I had a flight at 715 am on Friday, which meant that I should get up at around 430 in the morning. I got up, got ready and was at the bus stop at 521 am. 10 minutes of wait and then i was on the bus off to airport. Once you get to the airport, everything seems so daunting and you stand there clueless as to what to do. Another reason for it is that, you should relieve yourself when you get the need, or your mind is always worried about that. So after relieving myself, i read on one of the screens that, my flight was from terminal 3, not 2 as it said on the online booking. Yes, I booked the tickets online, so you only go to the check in and show them your passport and you are good to go.


Taking the window seat, I was in the flight and off to Sweden at the right time. KB got to the airport in about 30 mins after I arrived and then we stood at the bus stop to wait for the bus. When you are with KB, always be extremely vigilant, or you will miss your bus like we did :). KB did not think about asking that small van stopping right in front of us to go to Boras. So, 2 hours of wait at the airport, got us our bus, with which we went to Boras. When we arrived, KB said that we need to take the bus 4 5 0. Either he said it 405, or i thought that he said 405, the bus stop where we got off had a bus numbered 405. I told KB, look it says 405 at the bus stop sign that listed all the buses. KB never bothered to correct me, and we stood at the wrong bus stop waiting for the wrong bus for about 30 mins more. Finally, we figured out our mistake and then got to the correct bus stop and then took the correct bus. It wouldn't had been this bad it wasn't raining at that time.


When we finally reached the place, there were hardly 20 people there and the place was being set up. We stayed there for a while, got hungry, went out in the rain to get something to eat, got wet and then came back with nothing and then went out again after 2 hours' wait. we got to eat at a snack shop and when we got back after 3 hours or so, the place was jam packead. it felt as if people had gone through bacterial mitosis (you can tell from the pics can't you?)

Then we had a few brood matches with some new friends that we made and those were all good games. Those guys had one player short for CS, so I have joined them for that and they needed a guy for DOTA, so KB has joined them for that. At around 1230, I went to sleep using my inflatable mattress and got up at around 6 because i was too cold. Then found KB who was sleeping on a row of seats, gave him my sheet and came here to write my blog.


Brood tournament will start today and it is double elimination, which means, if you lose twice, you are out. Lets see how well we end up doing here. Oh, btw thee is pic below is of the guy who was handing us our behinds... he is 17.

3 comments:

Sameer Durrani said...

man !!! i soooooo much wish to be there with the two of you .. :( .. seeing the pic of you two together and that too in a brood tourney...man!!!, i am feeling soooo nostalgic..

Do write more about the brood tourney and post lots of pics of you and KB..

I so much wish i could be there..

Anonymous said...

I bet that was fun even if you guys did get your behinds handed to you.

Umair Azfar Khan said...

Hell yeah!